Birthline Employement Opportunities
Birthline Stepping Stones Program Lead
Birthline Inc. is seeking a part-time Stepping Stones Program Lead. Stepping Stones provides comprehensive consulting and support services utilizing treatment modalities for pregnant women/men and their families. In addition, this person will have the responsibility for recruiting and managing volunteers to support the Stepping Stones Program.
This position must:
1.Serve all clients with utmost respect, in a non-judgmental manner.
2.Promote Birthline’s philosophy and mission.
3.Meet professional and agency standards of ethical practice, accountability and confidentiality.
Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and further develop Stepping Stones Program course materials, making improvements as needed.
- Administer the Stepping Stones program and have vision for program direction.
- Manage a client base; assist other Stepping Stones staff with their client base. Be the program lead for resources and program development while working as a team player in alignment with Birthline’s programs and mission.
- During and upon completion of the program, assist client in securing additional resources for on-going needs and encourage development of on-going goals.
- Grant writing and management of current grants.
- Manage volunteer activities;
- Directs the recruitment, interviewing, selection, and placement of volunteers to meet the program’s needs.
- Assist in development and supervise volunteer orientation, training and performance evaluation to ensure consistent, high quality service to the organization.
- Provide support and encouragement for volunteers on a regular basis.
- Oversee Stepping Stones class calendar, and manage facilitators and their curriculum.
7. Provide program information and highlights for use in the monthly volunteer newsletter and other outreach communication to donors and supporters.
8. Be a community liaison for Birthline, which will include networking and presenting as well as collaborating with other Social Service agencies, working and representing Birthline at health fairs or community outreach opportunities, and bringing programming to underserved populations.
9. Participate in Birthline hosted fundraisers and activities.
Minimum educational requirements are a B.S. degree in Community Psychology, Social Work or a related field per the duties of the position. Prefer 1 year or more of experience.
- Experience working with volunteers and other agency professionals.
- Grant writing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; along with well-developed organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as be a positive team-player.
- Knowledge of community resources or be willing to learn.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment and computer use.
- Commitment to the Philosophy and Mission of Birthline and be able to conform to uniform program guidelines and procedures.
Please contact Tammy Lindell @ 320-252-4150 or send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org